Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Little Crayon With Your Pasta?

My favourite part of the day, by far, had to be when Boychild accidentally flipped his bowl of Chef Boy R Dee Pasta and Shells with Meatballs (yes, I'm one of THOSE mothers) into the big red box that is home to our collection of crayons, coloured pencils and markers.

So Mama, working on not enough sleep and fighting a nasty headache, had the distinct pleasure of picking through cold, slimy pasta and little grey balls, rinsing oily tomato sauce off of dozens of crayons, coloured pencils and markers and then spreading them out to dry all over the kitchen counter.

Such. Fun.

I'll be posting something about sleep deprivation soon. For now? It's jammy time.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Fun times! My girl has taken to flinging full cups of milk to see what happens. Mommy gets pi$$ed thats what happens! If it isn't flinging it is inappropriate straw usage causing it to tip right over onto herself when she is looking elsewhere. Also my mom gave them some little star stickers like the kind teachers used to put on homework etc. They thought it would be a good idea to put them on the walls, railings, everywhere. What kind of mother doesn't notice her kids doing that? Oh, the little angels!!! At least the stickers come of easy. I am waiting for the day that she does something with a Sharpie (since they have never done anything with them I tend to leave them sittng out on my desk)

Andrea Frazer said...

Oh noooooooooo!