Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Mired

I am stuck in that frustrating Neverneverland where I have so many balls in the air that I can't focus or prioritize and get everything/anything done. It's usually a short-term problem, but in the meantime stress thrums through my veins. I can feel it - a tightening all over and an unsettled, unpleasant heaviness in my stomach. Fun fun fun.

It's just when you need more sleep that you can't really afford it. I also dream of a long soak in the tub with a very good book (I have several lined up waiting for me) and I know that would do wonders for me, but I'd be so preoccupied about the time taken away from working the night shift (after the kids go to bed) that I wouldn't enjoy it.

Ideally I could use a clone. Or a winning lottery ticket. Or a long vacation. Sigh.