Saturday, March 15, 2008

And Lo, the Tide of Illness Ebbed and Flowed

Tonight I am crossing my fingers and toes and legs and hair and anything else I have that will cross.

Why? Well, because it's the weekend and because we're surrounded by ickies. And I do not want to have to go to the local emergency room again anytime soon.

Today was a fun-filled day for Boychild. He got to go skating with Neighbourboy (whose brother has the barfies). Then our bestest buddies came over for our regular Friday Night Junk Food Playdate Extravaganza, whereupon Little Buddy, who has a cold, fell asleep on his mama's lap and Bigger Buddy curled up on his papa's lap, complaining of a headache and feeling kinda barfy.

No offence, everyone, but I got out the can of Lysol tonight (I hate the stuff, but desperate times call for desperate measures).

I'm probably (hopefully) overreacting, but I need to stave off any doctor visits until after the weekend and during office hours. After
my last visit to the ER, I have made a sort of pact with myself that unless a limb is dangling, blood is gushing or an ambulance is required, I am going to avoid that place like the plague (I'm not sure if I intended that as a pun or not).

Of course I probably shouldn't refer to dangling limbs, gushing blood or ambulances out loud or in print because that feels an awful lot like tempting fate, but you catch my drift. So it's crossed appendages and Lysol all round. Wish me luck.

No comments: